Our vision is a world where children and families are supported effectively to build on their strengths and to achieve their goals in life.
Our mission is to transform the experience of children, young people and their families with mental health. We do this by:
- Carrying out research to improve understanding of mental health and resilience and to evaluate and improve the treatments and services children and families are offered.
- Developing new approaches, tools and services that to support children, young people and families in distress.
- Teaching and training a new generation of professionals and researchers in the latest skills and tools to improve mental health globally.
- Taking a leading role in the development of policy and practice in the UK and beyond to ensure that it is built on science, tested experience and has the input of children, young people and their families.
- Collaborating nationally and internationally in partnerships which jointly develop a step change in child mental health and wellbeing.
All of our work is guided by three principles:
- Children, young people and families are at the heart of everything we do
- We are committed to discovering and sharing the best way to help children, young people, families, carers and professionals affected by mental health problems.
- To strengthen our impact through collaboration and partnership.