About this course
Raising Awareness: Supporting Mental Health in Schools - Secondary is underpinned by the Centre’s longstanding experience of working within schools and colleges to support pupil, parent/carer and staff mental health. This training is aimed at raising awareness, providing support to identify the early signs of specific mental health illness and the development of a common language when discussing mental health. This training provides a practical framework, alongside key actions and materials that aim to support secondary school staff in championing mental health and wellbeing across the whole school community. The training is grounded in a rigorous evidence base.
Who is this training suitable for?
Our training modules are suitable for anyone working with children and young people in a secondary school and could include:
- Teachers and staff in schools and colleges
- SEN/Designated Mental Health Leads
- Learning mentors
- PSHE leads
This training is a mental health awareness training and, therefore, may not suitable for members of SLT or Senior Mental Health leads who already have a good knowledge around mental health. We are able to offer more bespoke and suitable training. For further information on our training offer for Senior Leadership please contact: email@example.com
Key Learning Outcomes
- Know what factors are important to consider when developing a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Know how to embed and establish processes that support the mental health and wellbeing of the whole school community
- Learn practical tips and tools for promoting mental health and wellbeing in secondary schools
- Explore the identification of the early signs of mental health concerns in children and young people
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
All of our training modules can be tailored to meet your exact needs and are suitable for any staff member working with children and young people in a school, college or community setting.
Book a bespoke consultation and in-depth discussion on developing a whole school approach to mental health and well-being with one of our experts. Our training team can work alongside school Leadership teams to design and deliver bespoke training specific to your school community.
We can offer tailored live workshops with discussion and group activities for upskilling staff, developing awareness, and sharing best practice within your setting. This could include:
- One off twilight sessions
- Multiple sessions ran over a course of a term or half term
- Sessions for multiple schools or academy trusts
Get in touch to see how we can help
Make an enquiry here.
The training was fabulous, the best training I have had on the subject of mental health.Delegate, MHAT Online Training, Anna Freud Centre, delivered by Dr Rina Bajaj