About this course
Please note this training/event is not being recorded - "live" attendance is required.
This course primarily aims to:
- Revise SSAP administration
- Revise SSAP coding
- Prepare for completing the reliability tasks
- Look in more detail at using constructs
- Look in greater depth at applying the SSAP in clinical contexts
It will also:
- Provide further exploration of how a report can be formulated from an assessment (practice planning a report from an SSAP)
- Explore different clinical applications of the SSAP using case examples
- Content of the course
The course provides a revision of the fundamental elements of the full SSAP training including an examination of administration technique (with a focus on good and bad practice), a re-examination of the full SSAP coding manual (with a more in-depth focus on those codes that are most challenging), a section on the constructs and how these are created and interpreted, and more reflections on how a more qualitative clinical report is put together. The day will use clinical cases to illustrate these areas. There is also an opportunity to bring along your own clinical cases.
- Who is the training suitable for?
The training is suitable for those who have already attended the 3-day SSAP training. It is of relevance to those who have either not yet managed to find the time to fulfil the reliability standards for the training or have not been successful. It is also likely to be of benefit to those who have become reliable and who may be needing a refresher. It may be useful for those who trained a while back who want to refresh their knowledge, and are needing some transition back into using it. If you have not completed SSAP reliability within three years, you must attend this one-day training before continuing with the reliability process.
- System requirements for online training
The online platform Zoom will be used to deliver this training. Prior to booking on, please ensure you meet the system requirements so you're able to join this training.
Before the training, please test your equipment is working by going to Zoom.us/test and follow the instructions.
Please note you will be awarded a certificate upon the successful* completion of the course.
(*subject to tutor approval)
3rd July 2023
- Online – live and self-directed learning (Joining instructions will be sent to the email address you booked on with at least one working day before the event)
- 1 day
- 9:30 - 16:00 (UK time)
The Anna Freud Centre brings together those with a stake in the mental health of children and young people. Please subscribe to our mailing list to receive a bi-monthly e-newsletter and occasional updates about the Centre's training and events.