Our team of Young Champions work with us to ensure that their experiences of mental health, as young people, help shape the work we do. Getting involved in areas such as future research, new interventions, training clinicians and more.
IMPORTANT: The Young Champions role is for young people, 14-25, with with personal experience of mental health problems. This can be direct experience (you have/still do struggle with your mental health) or indirect (a friend, colleague, family member have struggled with their mental health).
Champions get involved in activities such as:
- Designing new services and projects at the Centre.
- Co-facilitating workshops and training.
- Taking part in public speaking opportunities through the media or at events, to talk about their experiences and/or raise awareness of the work we deliver.
- Attend regular socials and Youth Panels - where we discuss and design resources at the Centre.
- Influencing clinical services and policy at a local and national level.
As a Young Champion you will meet like-minded people, develop skills for the future and take part in fun experiences. We provide all our Young Champions with access to training and support (including helping with expenses).