Talking Mental Health is an animation and accompanying teacher toolkit designed to help begin conversations about mental health in the classroom and beyond.
The Talking Mental Health animation aims to give children:
- An understanding of what mental health is and the difference between every day small feelings and a big feeling
- Consistent and accessible language to talk about mental health
- An understanding of how to be a good listener
This "Talking Mental Health" animation aimed at primary school pupils, was developed in collaboration with children. We have developed a Teacher Toolkit for school staff to use alongside the animation which includes:
- A lesson plan
- An Assembly PowerPoint
- An accompanying Assembly Plan
- Tips for talking for parents and carers booklet
- Various resources and classroom exercises
Watch the introduction by our Patron, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to order hard copies for your school or local authority.