Supporting Staff is one of our 5 Steps towards a whole school or college approach to mental health and wellbeing.
The simplest way to understand what teachers and school staff need to support their mental health is to ask them. However, many education institutions do not regularly survey staff to establish their levels of wellbeing.
This document provides sets of questions to help schools and colleges better understand their staff and provide them with the support they need. It includes tools that can be used to measure wellbeing robustly and consistently.
Use these sets of questions to find out:
- How teachers and school/college staff are feeling
- What is driving good and poor mental health (including asking staff how they feel about work practices, culture, engagement and management)
- How supported teachers and school/college staff feel
- Whether staff feel equipped to support children and young people with their mental health
- Any additional support they need for their mental health and wellbeing.
Schools and colleges may want to use the whole survey or may want to select sections from it, depending on priorities and needs.
Watch this short video to hear CORC Programme Manager Nick Tait explain more about the survey: