About this course
In order to effectively support the mental health and wellbeing of pupils we must first support the mental health and wellbeing of school staff. Staff who have good mental wellbeing are more likely to have the necessary resources to be able to manage and plan during or after stressful episodes whether with a pupil, a class, a colleague, an inspector or a parent. This training will outline practical tools and a framework for promoting and supporting staff wellbeing in school and colleges. It will draw on examples that have been tried and tested in a range of school settings. The training will give the opportunity for attendees to develop a project to take back to their settings and embed.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand the meaning of staff wellbeing and resilience and the importance of promoting these concepts in schools
- Establish and embed sources of support for your staff: universal, targeted, specialist
- Learn from examples of good practice and shared experiences between schools
- Apply practical, evidence-based tools in your setting to support mental health & wellbeing, including our Five Steps Model for schools & colleges
- Learn how to communicate effectively through thoughts, feelings & behaviours
- Take time to reflect using our self-care strategies for school staff
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
All of our training modules can be tailored to meet your exact needs and are suitable for any staff member working with children and young people in a school, college or community setting.
Book a bespoke consultation and in-depth discussion on developing a whole school approach to mental health and well-being with one of our experts. Our training team can work alongside school Leadership teams to design and deliver bespoke training specific to your school community.
We can offer tailored live workshops with discussion and group activities for upskilling staff, developing awareness, and sharing best practice within your setting. This could include:
- One off twilight sessions
- Multiple sessions ran over a course of a term or half term
- Sessions for multiple schools or academy trusts
Get in touch to see how we can help
Make an enquiry here.
The training was fabulous, the best training I have had on the subject of mental healthDelegate, MHAT Online Training, Anna Freud Centre, delivered by Dr Rina Bajaj