About this course
Evidence shows that unexpected change and loss can have an impact on children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing. This course will focus on the current experience of children and young people as a result of the pandemic, based on the most recent evidence. This course gives clear, simple advice to all those who are supporting the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people during the current crisis, including those who may already be vulnerable or suffering from mental health difficulties.
Key learning outcomes
- Specific guidance about mental health in the current climate related to coronavirus and the impact of lockdown and how to support children and young people in your schools and colleges
- Establish and embed sources of support for your children and young people experiencing anxiety
- Learn from examples of good practice and shared experiences between schools
- Apply practical, evidence-based tools in your setting to support mental health and wellbeing, including our top tips for talking to children and young people about mental health
- Understand and be able to implement a whole school approach to mental health and wellbeing
- Signposting to trusted mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
All of our training modules can be tailored to meet your exact needs and are suitable for any staff member working with children and young people in a school, college or community setting.
Book a bespoke consultation and in-depth discussion on developing a whole school approach to mental health and well-being with one of our experts. Our training team can work alongside school Leadership teams to design and deliver bespoke training specific to your school community.
We can offer tailored live workshops with discussion and group activities for upskilling staff, developing awareness, and sharing best practice within your setting. This could include:
- One off twilight sessions
- Multiple sessions ran over a course of a term or half term
- Sessions for multiple schools or academy trusts
Get in touch to see how we can help
Make an enquiry here.
The training was fabulous, the best training I have had on the subject of mental health.Delegate, MHAT Online Training, Anna Freud Centre, delivered by Dr Rina Bajaj